Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Oracle & May 16 WRFR Radio Show 9am- 11am 93.3 FM

This week's show will be a rerun of a previous show, as I will be out of town. I've chosen the first show, Compositions Whose Titles Relate to Paul's Armenian Ancestry. The good news is that May has 5 Fridays, so I will be back with a live show on May 23rd.

Oracle page 1 from composition notebook
Oracle backside from composition notebook
Thanks to Steve Cardenas who transcribed 'Oracle', I believe I can now attribute the song as a Paul Motian composition. Paul trimmed the title off to make it fit into a binder. The First Trio played the song for less than a year, and then it seems to have disappeared. But I think it was transformed into a song called 'Tangram' which Paul copyrighted and played live but never recorded. I played the tune from a live concert at Creative Music studios in 1977 on the the May 2nd show, 2nd hour podcast. It's the first song if you didn't get to hear it before.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I just found your blog, and would love to hear a link of the audio for "Oracle," as the older link doesn't work anymore. This is a beautiful site you have, and I'm looking forward to reading it in detail very soon! Thank you for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!