Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 14 WRFR Radio Show 9am- 11am

 Listen live this Friday when I'll be featuring "Funk Dumpling: Perry Robinson & Henry Grimes". Funk Dumpling is Perry Robinson's first album on Savoy Jazz. It was recorded Feb. 10,1962. As you can see at left, Paul was paid $53.50 for the recording and it looks like they did the whole thing in 3 1/2 hours. Then he went on to play at Birdland with Bill Evans the same evening at 8:45! I'll be making a few connections that will lead us into Tony Scott & Bill Evans A Day In New York, Mose Allison I Love the Life I Live & Wild Man On the Loose (which I found at our great local used record store Spirit of Sound Records in Camden- Byron has a huge collection of Jazz), Anat Fort A Long Story and maybe more. I'll try to get the podcast up Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!